History of Balticum TV
|1989||We installed the first Lithuanian cable television system in Klaipėda city.|
|1992||We became the largest and state-of-the-art cable television network in Lithuania.|
|1993||This cable television was registered under the name of Balticum TV, UAB.|
|1998||We were the first in Lithuania to deliver Internet access via cable television networks.|
|2000||Brand TV channel Balticum TV grew into Balticum regional television.|
|2004||We became pioneers of digital television in Lithuania. We have started providing this modern service over MDTV networks to Šiauliai and Panevėžys regions.We won competitions organised by the Radio and Television Commission of Lithuania to broadcast/rebroadcast television programmes via the LRTC (Lithuanian Radio and Television Centre) by way of DVB-T (Digital Video Broadcast Terrestrial).|
|2005||Having presented a telephone connection service, we became suppliers of all telecommunication services. At the same year, we acquired a cable television The Orbit in Palanga and became shareholders of Rygveda, UAB.|
|2006||We have started FTTH (Fiber To The Home) network installation in Klaipėda city.|
|2007||We introduced HDTV (High-Definition Television) in Klaipėda.|
|2008||We have started providing a wireless WiMAX Internet connection in Klaipėda, Vilnius and Kaunas. We have also acquired a company Gargždų Telekomunikacijų Tinklai, UAB. We have won a Digital Terrestrial Television Contest announced by the Radio and Television Commission of Lithuania and became eligible to broadcast our programme Balticum TV on a national scale.|
- We are the founders of the LCTA (Lithuanian Cable Television Association) and its permanent members since 1995, always being elected to the Presidium. We have been actively participating in the process of creating perspectives for both electronic communications sector and audiovisual sector.
- We provide services in the following cities and regions: Klaipėda, Palanga, Kretinga, Gargždai, Vilnius, Šiauliai, Panevėžys and Šalčininkai.
- Our service users include over 85.000 TV subscribers and 25.000 Internet subscribers.
- Our staff consists of 200 specialists and auxiliary employees.
The Company is currently providing the following services:
- Analogue television
- Digital television
- High-definition television
- Telephone connection
- A national digital TV channel